Moving up in class

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Moving up in class

Post by Manfred »

It's been discussed about teams with multiple successful runs having to move up a class the following year. I have a question or 3 regarding this new rule. What happens when an Aliquippa or Sou. Columbia who are successful year in and year out, keep getting bumped, lets say all the way to 6A? Do they remain there for the unforseeable future? Do they ever get to drop back down, and what is the criteria for dropping back down? Do they have to have a losing season or multiple losing seasons? Just trying to fathom the logic here.
It ain't over until it's over.
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Moving up in class

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

Aliquippa should not be moved again. Yea they won it this year but won't every year. It's only there 4th state title and the PIAA acts like they are a problem. Southern Columbia should atleast be AAA but at max AAAA which I don't think they would win every year like now. BG should be AA AAA at max. I'm my opinion you shouldn't be moved up more than 2 classes.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Goldeneagles12 wrote: December 10th, 2021, 9:43 am Aliquippa should not be moved again. Yea they won it this year but won't every year. It's only there 4th state title and the PIAA acts like they are a problem. Southern Columbia should atleast be AAA but at max AAAA which I don't think they would win every year like now. BG should be AA AAA at max. I'm my opinion you shouldn't be moved up more than 2 classes.
I am inclined to agree with that, I only used them as successful examples that will be moved up. I'd still like answers to my questions by someone who might know.
It ain't over until it's over.
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

Manfred wrote: December 10th, 2021, 9:49 am
Goldeneagles12 wrote: December 10th, 2021, 9:43 am Aliquippa should not be moved again. Yea they won it this year but won't every year. It's only there 4th state title and the PIAA acts like they are a problem. Southern Columbia should atleast be AAA but at max AAAA which I don't think they would win every year like now. BG should be AA AAA at max. I'm my opinion you shouldn't be moved up more than 2 classes.
I am inclined to agree with that, I only used them as successful examples that will be moved up. I'd still like answers to my questions by someone who might know.
I got ya. Just trying to get a non bias opinion in there before this thread turns into bickering and arguing like most of the others.
guru1
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by guru1 »

Great question. I wondered that as well. Also curious about BG. The announcer when they played Homer Center said BG was moving up to AA next year like it was a known fact. The announcer in the state final said he thought that as well but a few BG people I know say that’s news to them…. Anyone know for sure yea or nea ?
Hangman
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by Hangman »

guru1 wrote: December 10th, 2021, 6:54 pm Great question. I wondered that as well. Also curious about BG. The announcer when they played Homer Center said BG was moving up to AA next year like it was a known fact. The announcer in the state final said he thought that as well but a few BG people I know say that’s news to them…. Anyone know for sure yea or nea ?
Hope this is true… while BGU should be forced to play 6A, putting them at 2A is still better than 1A.
D6sportsfan8819
Freshman
Freshman

Post by D6sportsfan8819 »

Hangman is an old broken record that is just become annoying at this point.
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

I am thinking he must be from Portage.
costanza
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by costanza »

In regard to Guru 's post, BG has 7 success points (6 is the requirement), and 6 transfers listed on their past 2 eligibility lists (3 is the requirement) over this past 2 year cycle, so yes they should have to bump up.
Skippy
Senior
Senior

Post by Skippy »

What grade were the transfers, that matters. From PIAA competition formula:

Schools may receive transfer students without affecting their classification if the student enters their new school during the traditional natural break (8th grade to 9th grade). Any sport specific transfer after the natural break transfer will subject the student to a possible post-season ban for one year if the transfer is after being eligible to participate of a 10th grade season and based upon the district committee or regional panel determination of eligibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk