LHAC releases its sections in HS sports

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
LeeCorso
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: LHAC releases its sections in HS sports

Post by LeeCorso »

CCDevil2012 wrote: October 17th, 2022, 12:08 pm
footballfan1 wrote: October 16th, 2022, 6:59 pm Can someone list the section Huntingdon would be in, please? Just curious if their schedule even changes much.
West 1: Bishop McCort Catholic, Greater Johnstown, Richland, Somerset and Westmont Hilltop.

West 2: Bedford, Central Cambria, Chestnut Ridge, Forest Hills and Penn Cambria.

East 1: Bellwood-Antis, Bishop Guilfoyle Catholic, Central, Huntingdon and Tyrone.

East 2: Bald Eagle Area, Bellefonte, Clearfield, Penns Valley and Philipsburg-Osceola.

Teams will play all four section opponents, three members of the same geographic section along with two crossover games with one member from each opposite geographic section.
What about Week 10?
davesandstorm
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by davesandstorm »

LeeCorso wrote: October 18th, 2022, 8:42 pm
CCDevil2012 wrote: October 17th, 2022, 12:08 pm
footballfan1 wrote: October 16th, 2022, 6:59 pm Can someone list the section Huntingdon would be in, please? Just curious if their schedule even changes much.
West 1: Bishop McCort Catholic, Greater Johnstown, Richland, Somerset and Westmont Hilltop.

West 2: Bedford, Central Cambria, Chestnut Ridge, Forest Hills and Penn Cambria.

East 1: Bellwood-Antis, Bishop Guilfoyle Catholic, Central, Huntingdon and Tyrone.

East 2: Bald Eagle Area, Bellefonte, Clearfield, Penns Valley and Philipsburg-Osceola.

Teams will play all four section opponents, three members of the same geographic section along with two crossover games with one member from each opposite geographic section.
What about Week 10?
I believe week 10 was crossover play based on standings.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

Yes, I believe a cross-over similar to what the Heritage-West Pac does was proposed, so they can crown an LHAC 'champ'. I think a 9-game regular season is plenty and don't see the need to add a meaningless game, especially for play-off teams. This league is gruelling enough. Player safety should be a consideration.
Elderlyeagle
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Elderlyeagle »

Colonel Mustard wrote: October 19th, 2022, 9:59 am Yes, I believe a cross-over similar to what the Heritage-West Pac does was proposed, so they can crown an LHAC 'champ'. I think a 9-game regular season is plenty and don't see the need to add a meaningless game, especially for play-off teams. This league is gruelling enough. Player safety should be a consideration.
I know most coaches love the “tough game” heading into the playoffs; especially if you plan on making a run. Injuries can happen in all aspects of life or any games, not just “tough ones”. Most people go farther taking on challenges not avoiding them
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

The majority of the LHAC schedule is a challenge. They don't really need an extra meaningless challenge. I get crowning an LHAC champ. It's tougher to win the LHAC than a district title, and it should be regarded as such. But for the other teams heading to the play-offs it makes little sense. Don't give me the iron grinding iron BS. For playoff teams, the season is way too long as it is.
Elderlyeagle
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Elderlyeagle »

BS? Hmmmn here’s a word you’ll like… you’re entitled to your opinion. It doesn’t change mine
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

How is the season to long?
OutOfTheLoop
Grad Assistant
Grad Assistant

Post by OutOfTheLoop »

Colonel Mustard wrote: October 19th, 2022, 4:46 pm The majority of the LHAC schedule is a challenge. They don't really need an extra meaningless challenge. I get crowning an LHAC champ. It's tougher to win the LHAC than a district title, and it should be regarded as such. But for the other teams heading to the play-offs it makes little sense. Don't give me the iron grinding iron BS. For playoff teams, the season is way too long as it is.
The LHAC did have a championship game in football when it was first formed. I think it lasted a year or 2 but I don't know why it was abandoned.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Elderlyeagle wrote: October 19th, 2022, 7:07 pm BS? Hmmmn here’s a word you’ll like… you’re entitled to your opinion. It doesn’t change mine
You had no problem challenging my opinion??
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Teams that make the district final and states will play more games than major colleges. And major college teams have a bye week during the season and several weeks off before bowl games. High schools play straight through. Throw in scrimmage games, daily work-outs and 7v7 tourneys starting in June, and some kids playing both Monday and Friday due to low numbers, and you have a long season for a bunch of high school kids.