Ridge building a powerhouse team

Shoot the half!!!
SportsFan96
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Ridge building a powerhouse team

Post by SportsFan96 »

Good Lord this thread has gotten ridiculous! So many accusations and bashing of people. This may just be my opinion, but anyone who has read any of the posts from "Megadeth" has to know that it's not an adult writing that stuff right? I've been on this forum long enough to know when someone younger is posting ridiculous stuff. The post name alone should have indicated that it was someone younger who was clearly not thinking and was just showing a bunch of hubris. And for those bashing the three boys from CR who went out to FARGO and "only made it to the round of 32", that's still pretty impressive. To even come away with winning record from there is good work. I also believe there was a young man from Bedford wrestling that made the trip out as well. Instead of talking down on these kids for working to get better, why not congratulate them on doing something that not a lot of people from our area get to do.

Maybe it's time for a Moderator to close this post down?

@District5Fan: I do believe that CR's Justin McCoy was a Fargo All American.
everett
Junior
Junior

Post by everett »

SportsFan96 wrote: July 20th, 2023, 9:02 am Good Lord this thread has gotten ridiculous! So many accusations and bashing of people. This may just be my opinion, but anyone who has read any of the posts from "Megadeth" has to know that it's not an adult writing that stuff right? I've been on this forum long enough to know when someone younger is posting ridiculous stuff. The post name alone should have indicated that it was someone younger who was clearly not thinking and was just showing a bunch of hubris. And for those bashing the three boys from CR who went out to FARGO and "only made it to the round of 32", that's still pretty impressive. To even come away with winning record from there is good work. I also believe there was a young man from Bedford wrestling that made the trip out as well. Instead of talking down on these kids for working to get better, why not congratulate them on doing something that not a lot of people from our area get to do.

Maybe it's time for a Moderator to close this post down?

@District5Fan: I do believe that CR's Justin McCoy was a Fargo All American.
Someone younger is using the name 'megadeath'???? I would say that is an older-guy/mom reference, as I don't see too many young kids listening to megadeath, lol. And no one was bashing the 3 boys that went to Fargo in any way!!! That was a reference to the look-at-me comment about 'why is no one talking about the 113 pounder'. That was clearly a way to get some talk about his/her son. Everyone has to be a victim nowadays. If you are gonna brag, then you better be able to back it up. Be humble, and accolades will come naturally to you.
BisonLegend68
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by BisonLegend68 »

There is zero bashing. Facts are facts. If kids transfer they transfer. Something tells me you are a ridge person and realize some dirty laundry was exposed.
Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Wrasslerfan »

BisonLegend68 wrote: July 20th, 2023, 10:08 pm There is zero bashing. Facts are facts. If kids transfer they transfer. Something tells me you are a ridge person and realize some dirty laundry was exposed.
Hit the nail on the head that's what I'm guessing
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable
sparky
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by sparky »

I’m just happy someone from Bedford is on here stirring the pot. The Ridge/Bedford wrestling matches used to be a rivalry, but it’s been lopsided the past 10+ years. Let’s see if the Bison can make it a competitive match within the next 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Live Life to the fullest
SportsFan96
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by SportsFan96 »

BisonLegend68 wrote: July 20th, 2023, 10:08 pm There is zero bashing. Facts are facts. If kids transfer they transfer. Something tells me you are a ridge person and realize some dirty laundry was exposed.
Maybe “bashing” was a strong word, but there were definitely some negative type comments about one poster in particular, (who I’m still convinced is someone younger posting, just based off the grammar and cockiness exhibited). I’m just a person who enjoys local sports and local wrestling in particular. Do I know anything about “Dirty Laundry”? No, only what I read on here. Do I follow some teams more than others? Yes, but I honestly just like to see the athletes excel at their sports and thoroughly enjoy when they are successful, no matter what school they’re from. And I know transfers happen, they always have and will continue to happen, the difference now is that social media gives us Keyboard Commentators a chance to see them and voice our opinions about them. Do I think any of the local coaches are out actively “recruiting” athletes? No, most of our area programs have strong elementary programs, which I think, are the most essential part of building a strong overall program and a core part of successful teams.
everett
Junior
Junior

Post by everett »

SportsFan96 wrote: July 21st, 2023, 1:38 pm
Maybe “bashing” was a strong word, but there were definitely some negative type comments about one poster in particular, (who I’m still convinced is someone younger posting, just based off the grammar and cockiness exhibited). I’m just a person who enjoys local sports and local wrestling in particular. Do I know anything about “Dirty Laundry”? No, only what I read on here. Do I follow some teams more than others? Yes, but I honestly just like to see the athletes excel at their sports and thoroughly enjoy when they are successful, no matter what school they’re from. And I know transfers happen, they always have and will continue to happen, the difference now is that social media gives us Keyboard Commentators a chance to see them and voice our opinions about them. Do I think any of the local coaches are out actively “recruiting” athletes? No, most of our area programs have strong elementary programs, which I think, are the most essential part of building a strong overall program and a core part of successful teams.
Sportsfan you are obv a Ridge person, so I find this hard to believe you are not aware of the influx of transfers you guys have received over the years? I can live with a few local kids going to CR for whatever reason, but now you have WV and DE families relocating, while one lives with your coach. In what world do you think this is fair to the other D5 schools? Most of us graduate about 50-60 kids, but you have a roster with about 5-6 different schools and states on it?
BisonLegend68
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by BisonLegend68 »

I heard at R and J’s and then again at The Tavern, The D5 chair, Mr Leonard stated he is fully aware of all the transfers and situation.
dadw/2sons
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by dadw/2sons »

The big question is "What does Mr. Leonard plan on doing with all of this information he has on the situation?" Have you heard any of that at R and J's or at the Tavern?
BisonLegend68
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by BisonLegend68 »

Nothing can be done unless schools file written complaints is what we are hearing from the big wigs. They said most schools in D5 are scared of ChetNut Ridge and want nothing to do with it. With that said, nothing will be done.

Hands off to their coaches, they know this is the game at the state level and they only way to beat the Reynolds, Burrel, Notre Dames of the world is to match them.