2023 LHAC Football

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
StefDjordjevic
Freshman
Freshman

2023 LHAC Football

Post by StefDjordjevic »

Who else is looking forward to the updated LHAC this fall? There should be some great matchups throughout the season. Each section has some excellent traditional geographic rivalries, and there should be some exceptional crossover games during the season.

Who are some of the top returning players in each section?

Who will win each section?

Which team will come out of the West and the East to play for the conference title in the season's final week?

West 1 – Bishop McCort Catholic, Greater Johnstown, Richland, Somerset and Westmont Hilltop.
West 2 – Bedford, Central Cambria, Chestnut Ridge, Forest Hills and Penn Cambria.
East 1 – Bellwood-Antis, Bishop Guilfoyle, Central, Huntingdon and Tyrone.
East 2 – Bald Eagle Area, Bellefonte, Clearfield, Penns Valley and Philipsburg- Osceola.

BisonLegend68
Sophomore
Sophomore

Re: 2023 LHAC Football

Post by BisonLegend68 »

The west 2 is very tough. The Bisons have a few more years of winning. Losing Wharton will not help. Ridge got themselves a Dynamic player.

Blast from the past. Who remembers Ligonier Valleys Dallas Wharton? That kid was a great running back
El-Moldo
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by El-Moldo »

Wharton played RB around '94-'95. Went off to Temple, but only lasted a year. Was strong and fast. Remember wiping out Don Bailey on a sideline tackle at FH field years ago.
BisonLegend68
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by BisonLegend68 »

Is he the father of the Bedford kid who transferred to ridge?
everett
Junior
Junior

Post by everett »

BisonLegend68 wrote: July 7th, 2023, 2:17 pm The west 2 is very tough. The Bisons have a few more years of winning. Losing Wharton will not help. Ridge got themselves a Dynamic player.

Blast from the past. Who remembers Ligonier Valleys Dallas Wharton? That kid was a great running back
I've heard the name in wrestling for transferring, but didn't know he was a better football player? Is he in HS already, or just going to 9th? I didn't see his name on any CR box scores from last season, so figured he might be just coming into HS. I know he is more an average type wrestler, so curious about his football skills. On sidenote, can't beleive CR gets away with all these transfers, and D5 does nothing about it?
Head Roadie
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Head Roadie »

Everett, District 5 DID handle it.

http://district5.piaa.org/meetings/2022 ... 6-2023.pdf

Kind of difficult to not approve a transfer when the sending school (Bedford) signs off that everything is legitimate
everett
Junior
Junior

Post by everett »

Head Roadie wrote: July 10th, 2023, 3:28 pm Everett, District 5 DID handle it.

http://district5.piaa.org/meetings/2022 ... 6-2023.pdf

Kind of difficult to not approve a transfer when the sending school (Bedford) signs off that everything is legitimate
So I was just told tonight the Walls boy was in Bedford for half the year during Football, and left mid-season. I've seen a lot of other kids have to sit recently that did this, so why is this an exception? Honestly asking, because is this only enforced if the original school appeals the transfer? I thought PIAA had a rule if you left mid-season you got penalized?
BisonLegend68
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by BisonLegend68 »

PIAA is very confusing to most. They have rules but don’t always follow them. They seem to pick and choose which athletes to sit, approve or sign off on. They do the same with programs and schools who bring in transfers. I wish D5 would take a page from D6 with stop this because it’s getting out of control. I understand why parents want their athletes competing for better coaches, schools and teams. I just think it’s funny Ridge people were the first ones saying stuff about others schools for getting transfers. Pot calling the kettle black! Wasn’t Mull from Somerset and has a Tattoo of an eagle?
There is a new shop in town and I see this helping sway the power back to Bisonville
StefDjordjevic
Freshman
Freshman

Post by StefDjordjevic »

With the departure of some of the best quarterbacks to ever play in the LHAC, who will be the top signal callers in the league this fall?

Nagle, Romig, and Walk all bring impressive stats with them from the 2022 season.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

I can only speak for the West, but agree that West-2 looks brutal. I expect FH and Westmont to move up in the standings this year, though I admit that I am clueless as far as transfers and how that might impact anything. Richland may have one year left in their run, but it could look a lot different. As for QBs, a lot of turnover, but if there is a better thrower than the kid from FH, I want to see it.