Rivalry Week in the LHAC

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Rivalry Week in the LHAC

Post by youngbuck »

CCDevil2012 wrote: September 19th, 2023, 8:10 pm
youngbuck wrote: September 19th, 2023, 8:44 am Would think Penn Cambria is the most lopsided matchup, but that is quite the list of quality games on tap this weekend.
With the least amount of bias possible, I think they’ll all be good games with them all having fairly small margins.

PC and CC both played Bedford tightly. I expect it to be a one score game in the end
My bad , I didn't understand that you meant CC would only put up 1 score on the night. I thought you meant they would be competitive.
Goldeneagles12
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Goldeneagles12 »

youngbuck wrote: September 22nd, 2023, 9:16 pm
youngbuck wrote: September 19th, 2023, 8:44 am Would think Penn Cambria is the most lopsided matchup, but that is quite the list of quality games on tap this weekend.
With the least amount of bias possible, I think they’ll all be good games with them all having fairly small margins.

PC and CC both played Bedford tightly. I expect it to be a one score game in the end
My bad , I didn't understand that you meant CC would only put up 1 score on the night. I thought you meant they would be competitive.
Yeah 34-0 Tyrone rolls B-A small margins comment not holding up
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

youngbuck wrote: September 22nd, 2023, 9:16 pm

It’s okay, someday you’ll have a team you cheer for too
stownJohn
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by stownJohn »

[/quote] How many years has it been since Johnstown even won 1 game? They used to churn out potent D1 athletes every year. [/quote]

So how did Johnstown High football become so pathetic? They’re probably one of, if not the worst, high school football program in the entire PIAA with almost no hope whatsoever of ever getting better in the future. A 100 game losing streak sounds crazy but I think that football program is very capable of achieving it.
ExRaided
Senior
Senior

Post by ExRaided »

So Johnstown is on a 34 game losing streak. Their last win was over Somerset 10/18/19 by a score of 33-27

It was also a 19 game losing streak before that.

I know nothing about Johnstown at all when it comes to the school and athletics. I'm going to say it's just not a football school or football culture there.
How's their soccer and basketball teams? Maybe they have too many sports and it's watering down the quality of talent the football team receives? I don't mean that in a bad way. It's just that more options for sports would obviously make the football team weaker.

Somerset is much the same.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

ExRaided wrote: September 23rd, 2023, 6:13 am So Johnstown is on a 34 game losing streak. Their last win was over Somerset 10/18/19 by a score of 33-27

It was also a 19 game losing streak before that.

I know nothing about Johnstown at all when it comes to the school and athletics. I'm going to say it's just not a football school or football culture there.
How's their soccer and basketball teams? Maybe they have too many sports and it's watering down the quality of talent the football team receives? I don't mean that in a bad way. It's just that more options for sports would obviously make the football team weaker.

Somerset is much the same.
Yea, Johnstown went 8-4 in 2017. Since then:

2018 - 0-10
2019: 1-9
2020: 0-9
2021: 0-10
2022: 0-10
2023: 0-5

And to your question, their basketball team is excellent. They have a D1 prospect in bball which doesn't happen much in District Six. They're going to have a very good team this year and I don't believe any of those kids play football. There are athletes in that school, they just don't play football.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

stownJohn wrote: September 23rd, 2023, 5:51 am A 100 game losing streak sounds crazy but I think that football program is very capable of achieving it.
They should have a chance against McCort on Friday I would think. McCort is only 6-27 since the start of the 2020 season, so it hasn't been much better for the school up the street.
LeeCorso
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by LeeCorso »

Johnstown the last 7 years has lacked consistency not necessarily talent. Every school has down years with no “horses”. Some of the horses aren’t playing I’m sure but some are. They lack scheme and coaching. They have some dudes out there but when you go for it on 4th and 20 from your own 10, or blitz both corners on the same play, or can’t execute a punt or PAT that’s just terrible coaching. I’ve seen all of those things happen in the last few years. They will be back I’m sure it just takes the right guy at the top to stick with it.
stownJohn
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by stownJohn »

LeeCorso wrote: September 23rd, 2023, 7:42 am Johnstown the last 7 years has lacked consistency not necessarily talent. Every school has down years with no “horses”. Some of the horses aren’t playing I’m sure but some are. They lack scheme and coaching. They have some dudes out there but when you go for it on 4th and 20 from your own 10, or blitz both corners on the same play, or can’t execute a punt or PAT that’s just terrible coaching. I’ve seen all of those things happen in the last few years. They will be back I’m sure it just takes the right guy at the top to stick with it.
Johnstown seems like the ideal situation for a new coach to come in and install some kind of a triple-option attack like a flexbone, wishbone, etc. You’d have nothing to lose at this point and it might actually be fun to watch.
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CoffinCorner »

Anyone know how to get ahold of Craig Sponsky. Those BC teams with Crookshank and Lauer running triple option come to mind