Julian Fleming

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
District5Fan
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Julian Fleming

Post by District5Fan »

CCDevil2012 wrote: September 27th, 2023, 5:55 pm
District5Fan wrote: September 26th, 2023, 8:03 pm I know so many people blast AAU basketball, but the good thing about it is that you get to see the best kids playing the best kids (kids that go to Power 5 schools all play on the Nike and Adidas circuits)…that is generally not the case with football. I know there is some travel 7-on-7 football now, but it’s not all that big yet. So, basketball players can see if they really are “that guy” or are they just “that guy in a small town.” If he could have played “AAU football” we might have seen that he wasn’t a P5 guy.
Is 34/433/6 stat line as a Redshirt Sophomore stat line really considered a bust or not P5 quality in a WR room that has included Olave, Smith-Njigba, Egbuka, and Harrison JR?
Bust was not necessarily my word, just using the word from previous posts.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

I got ya, you were just the last one to respond that’s all
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

Post by ERAChamp »

CCDevil2012 wrote: September 27th, 2023, 5:55 pm
District5Fan wrote: September 26th, 2023, 8:03 pm I know so many people blast AAU basketball, but the good thing about it is that you get to see the best kids playing the best kids (kids that go to Power 5 schools all play on the Nike and Adidas circuits)…that is generally not the case with football. I know there is some travel 7-on-7 football now, but it’s not all that big yet. So, basketball players can see if they really are “that guy” or are they just “that guy in a small town.” If he could have played “AAU football” we might have seen that he wasn’t a P5 guy.
Is a 34/433/6 stat line as a Redshirt Sophomore really considered a bust or not P5 quality in a WR room that has included Olave, Smith-Njigba, Egbuka, and Harrison JR?
Agreed, that stat line is not bad, but that is the ONLY year he has had any production. In addition, I believe he was the #1 WR recruit coming out of high school. For the #1 recruit, I would say that he has been a bust so far. He still has a little bit of time left, but he has never lived up to the hype.
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Watching him in the first half against Penn State. Looks slow compared to other Buckeye receivers and underwhelming as a blocker on bubble screen. Maybe a great pre-draft workout and some one looks at him as a Hback.
DragonsDoExist
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by DragonsDoExist »

Truth is Fleming would be the best WR on the PSU roster. OSU prob has 5 guys that are WR1 over anyone PSU currently has at the position and it was noticeable today. KLS is a nice player but prob not a pro. WR is one position the Nits haven’t recruited great as of late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You play to win the game!!!
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

And now he is in the portal
Roofee
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Roofee »

I'm saying he lands at IUP!!!!
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Visiting Nebraska? Interesting
stownJohn
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by stownJohn »

EnzoLigoniere wrote: December 11th, 2023, 1:19 pm Visiting Nebraska? Interesting
If Nebraska was still running the triple option attack under Tom Osborne that might make more sense for Fleming.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

I would venture to guess he has at least 10 or so opportunities from power-four schools. The Nebraska package deal with McCord is interesting.