Northern Bedford vs Steelton Highspire

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
LeeCorso
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Re: Northern Bedford vs Steelton Highspire

Post by LeeCorso »

LVluverMikeT wrote: November 17th, 2023, 8:44 am If a school has to play their football games on the baseball field, there is absolutely no reason a neutral site playoff game should be played there
Have you been there this year? New turf baseball, softball, and football fields. For anyone complaining about this refer to Jeff Batzel's Facebook post because you obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Also.......2 big points here: 1) Steel High brings about 150 fans to this away game. They don't have a huge traveling fan base. 2) It is supposed to rain tonight that will cut the crowd.

I'm not from NB or Claysburg but being from Bedford County I'm thrilled that we finally have a facility to host these games. Claysburg needs to continue to improve parking but I'd rather fight parking close to home than travel to Hollidaysburg, Mansion, Somerset, or Windber. All nice facilities in their own right but not a 15 minute drive from my front door. I hope Bedford, Ridge, and NB all continue to use this facility in the coming years.
abpk2903
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by abpk2903 »

LVluverMikeT wrote: November 17th, 2023, 8:44 am If a school has to play their football games on the baseball field, there is absolutely no reason a neutral site playoff game should be played there
Maybe next time just do a simple google image search before spewing off non-sense. CK has a multipurpose turf stadium that can support a multitude of sports including football and baseball. It isn't like playing on a baseball field like the old school Oakland Raiders had to share with the Oakland Athletics.
LVluverMikeT
Freshman
Freshman

Post by LVluverMikeT »

I take back my previous statement. Their field is actually pretty nice. I have been there in the past before rennovations and it was not a nice facility. GO RAMS!
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

LeeCorso wrote: November 17th, 2023, 9:11 am
Have you been there this year? New turf baseball, softball, and football fields. For anyone complaining about this refer to Jeff Batzel's Facebook post because you obviously have no idea what you are talking about. Also.......2 big points here: 1) Steel High brings about 150 fans to this away game. They don't have a huge traveling fan base. 2) It is supposed to rain tonight that will cut the crowd.

I'm not from NB or Claysburg but being from Bedford County I'm thrilled that we finally have a facility to host these games. Claysburg needs to continue to improve parking but I'd rather fight parking close to home than travel to Hollidaysburg, Mansion, Somerset, or Windber. All nice facilities in their own right but not a 15 minute drive from my front door. I hope Bedford, Ridge, and NB all continue to use this facility in the coming years.
I'd hope those 3 mentioned would get their own all-weather facilities. After all, NBC's biggest sports donor was one of the ground floor dudes with APPLE or Microsoft, I forget which.
It ain't over until it's over.
TheAnalyst
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by TheAnalyst »

I believe the guy was part of AOL.

I look for Bedford to have a turf field in the next few years.
Sneakers2
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Sneakers2 »

Am I mistaken? I thought the NFL and others were going around and citing studies that turf is known to lead to more injuries...so why would it be pushed that the only suitable venues are those with turf here in the great month of November.
Yes, many grass fields around would not be acceptable after all the usage a normal 11-week season brings.
Schools whose field would be on the worn-out side by now would have to be honest and not request to host...With that being said, I feel Panther Community Stadium is a top-notch facility with a great surface that could host through state quarters at the very least....By December though it would be closer to reaching its max....

One person's humble opinion....Love the fact that CK is doing what they are doing tonight though!!!!!
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Yes booking multiple events with limited parking. Great plan.
Like previous poster wrote nicer to be close to home when the season ends.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

Sneakers2 wrote: November 17th, 2023, 2:21 pm Am I mistaken? I thought the NFL and others were going around and citing studies that turf is known to lead to more injuries...so why would it be pushed that the only suitable venues are those with turf here in the great month of November.
Yes, many grass fields around would not be acceptable after all the usage a normal 11-week season brings.
Schools whose field would be on the worn-out side by now would have to be honest and not request to host...With that being said, I feel Panther Community Stadium is a top-notch facility with a great surface that could host through state quarters at the very least....By December though it would be closer to reaching its max....

One person's humble opinion....Love the fact that CK is doing what they are doing tonight though!!!!!
I believe the studies show a 1% increase, from like 2% injury rate on grass vs 3% on turf. But we’re also talking about professional grass fields that are in pristine condition, not your average high school grass field that is full of uneven spots. At the highschool level the difference is negligible
Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Wrasslerfan »

Scoreless after 1
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable
CoffinCorner
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach