Cambria Heights vs South Williamsport

A forum partnered with WesternPaFootball.net
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: Cambria Heights vs South Williamsport

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

CCDevil2012 wrote: November 21st, 2023, 3:46 pm
youngbuck wrote: November 21st, 2023, 1:10 pm Agree Bald Eagle loses alot, CR also has some losses. But Penn Cambria should remain solid.
The biggest difference in these three teams is that they are better coached.
I think Fyfe is a pretty good coach, I can’t say Felus is better than him. His track record at Altoona wasn’t great and he has benefitted from a couple of good classes of athletes. A Garrett Harold type athlete at QB will make most teams significantly better

FWIW, I’ve heard that Nagle from BEA may reclassify and graduate early

Why would he reclassify, he is still undersized and plays in a small conference. If Hoenstine's best offer was St Francis, what is his options. He is a D3 player at the end of the day. He is not even in the same league as Centrals Qb.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

12HankQB wrote: November 22nd, 2023, 9:00 am Why is there an argument that a 1A public school should've stayed in the LHAC? They clearly made the correct decision.
They were AA until the VoTech student count ruled was implemented, now that it’s being removed again they’re going back to AA.

I don’t care what conference they’re in, it’s more the attitude that they’re somehow now better than LHAC schools because they have inflated records each year.
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

EnzoLigoniere wrote: November 22nd, 2023, 12:03 pm
Why would he reclassify, he is still undersized and plays in a small conference. If Hoenstine's best offer was St Francis, what is his options. He is a D3 player at the end of the day. He is not even in the same league as Centrals Qb.
Losing most of his line, his RB, and his receiving corps. I guess it was the writing on the wall that statistically this is most likely his best season
footballguy99
Assistant Coach
Assistant Coach

Post by footballguy99 »

Why is BG going back to A?
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

footballguy99 wrote: November 22nd, 2023, 3:13 pm Why is BG going back to A?
They were bumped up to AA because of transfer/success formula, so they are back down likely for both of those factors
youngbuck
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by youngbuck »

Didn't they win AA in D 6 last year
CCDevil2012
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by CCDevil2012 »

youngbuck wrote: November 22nd, 2023, 4:54 pm Didn't they win AA in D 6 last year
The transfer portion of the formula was dropped this summer, so they must not have had enough points to stay up
OldD6er
Freshman
Freshman

Post by OldD6er »

Manfred wrote: November 22nd, 2023, 8:44 am Just curious: When was CH -ever- ranked in the top 10 before? #7 Esp. @ 10-3.
To my knowledge they've never been ranked in the top 10. I think we all know just because they have a number by their name doesn't mean anything. They play in one of the worst conferences in the state. Plus, look at the single A bracket. Multiple people on here have alluded to how weak it was. No team from the heritage conference is a top 10 team in the state. Look at the wpial playoff bracket, there are at least 8-10 teams that would mercy rule CH. That's just one district too. I'm sure there are other single A teams not still in playoffs that would roll over CH. Kudos to them on a great year but anyone with common sense knows they are not a top 10 team.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

That clearly answered the question, thanks.
It ain't over until it's over.
EnzoLigoniere
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by EnzoLigoniere »

Why can't the state tournament be run like the basketball tournament. Give everyone a chance to get to the title game. If 7 teams in d7 are that good why can't they play each other in the western final. Cut out one regular season game and let 1 and 2 from each district enter a tournament set up like basketball. Have always enjoyed the basketball set up.