LHAC BBall races...

Hardwood chatter
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

LHAC BBall races...

Post by ERAChamp »

The girls slate is full tonight with playoff action in both the Heritage & Laurel Highlands.

Also, just heard that FH girls are moving up to 4a next year from 3a. I am not sure if this is due to an increase in students or just chasing more hardware. If the latter, shame on them!! FH girls have a really nice team this year, but they graduate a ton of seniors and will not be nearly as good next year. Is FH's braintrust doing this to avoid the two stud seniors they would run into next year from River Valley and WH???

Again, I am not positive of the reason for the change, but I hope it is not to avoid better competition - see my previous post.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Re: LHAC BBall races...

Post by Colonel Mustard »

Forest Hills girls have chosen to move up to avoid competition in the past, so I would assume that is the case again. Like you mentioned, purely an ego thing for the coach/school. Sad lesson to teach the kids.
Manfred
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Manfred »

Hmm. Lets see. FH Ladies compete in the LHAC. Same teams as always. Some even twice per season. They also have played in a prestigious national tournament against much bigger schools the past few years. Better competition begets better team play, at least that is the intent. So yeah thats "avoiding the competition".
It ain't over until it's over.
Colonel Mustard
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Colonel Mustard »

Get serious. 3A is loaded. There are very few 4A and 5A schools in D6. The path to a D6 Championship is much easier in 4A and 5A. And they will likely not be as good next year. I know you love FH, but this is obvious.
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

LHAC BBall races...

Post by ERAChamp »

Manfred wrote: February 27th, 2024, 7:27 am Hmm. Lets see. FH Ladies compete in the LHAC. Same teams as always. Some even twice per season. They also have played in a prestigious national tournament against much bigger schools the past few years. Better competition begets better team play, at least that is the intent. So yeah thats "avoiding the competition".
Hmm. Lets see. Next year River Valley & Westmont both have D1 recruits returning and FH loses four senior starters from this year's team. So FH jumps to 4A next year for what reason exactly?? - to avoid the tougher competition in 3A!!! All about getting the hardware up there, even against lesser competition next year.

For whatever McCort is, at least they play the competition, year in and year out. They may not be great at finishing off stellar regular seasons the last several years, but they don't jump around like so many of these other schools chasing hollow titles.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

In terms of this year, Girls D6 basketball from A-AAA is pretty loaded. I could see multiple teams making a serious run in all three classes. There are some really good teams in both the LHAC and Heritage.
Crimson's Ghost
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Crimson's Ghost »

For next year, according to the PIAA classification report: Huntingdon, Tyrone, Somerset (D5), and Bedford (D5) are all AAAA by the numbers.

Forest Hills would be the 10th largest AAA girls basketball team in District Six.

Interestingly enough, both Portage and Bishop McCort are Class 'A' by the numbers. It will be interesting to see if they stay in A or remain in AA. I didn't see an announced intention either way. AA will only have 8 teams next year if schools play by classification.

It says Northern Cambria only has 12 girls, the smallest school in A, seems like they messed up on their reporting.
BisonLegend68
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by BisonLegend68 »

The coach is chasing the easy road. Simple to see and she has done it before.
ERAChamp
Senior
Senior

LHAC BBall races...

Post by ERAChamp »

Congratulations to both the Johnstown boys & girls in sweeping the D6, 4a titles - good luck in states!

All FH vs WH doubleheader on Friday in 3a - should be good!!!

Congratulations to FH girls and WH boys and their wins on Friday in D6, 3a - now onto states!!