Cross Cassidy wins State title

Shoot the half!!!
Gunner3406
Freshman
Freshman

Re: Cross Cassidy wins State title

Post by Gunner3406 »

Can we at least spell his name correctly, its Kross no Cross.
BisonLegend68
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by BisonLegend68 »

When he moved away he changed it I heard. Makes it easier when returning back.

He proved how tough Pa is. Cross would have been lucky to take top 4 in Laurel Highlands and then wins a VA State Title.
creedence
Freshman
Freshman

Post by creedence »

Would be nice fit for CR if the family situation changes and he would have to move back to PA. Grate kid and grate family.
SportsFan96
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by SportsFan96 »

creedence wrote: February 21st, 2024, 6:57 pm Would be nice fit for CR if the family situation changes and he would have to move back to PA. Grate kid and grate family.
I think most CR fans would agree…No…the drama that would come with a move like that after how things ended in Bedford… No thanks. He’s a great wrestler, but I don’t think the negativity that would follow would be worth it. From PA to VA, then back to PA? I’m assuming that would bring a lot of unwanted attention that is not needed.
Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Wrasslerfan »

SportsFan96 wrote: February 21st, 2024, 8:13 pm
creedence wrote: February 21st, 2024, 6:57 pm Would be nice fit for CR if the family situation changes and he would have to move back to PA. Grate kid and grate family.
I think most CR fans would agree…No…the drama that would come with a move like that after how things ended in Bedford… No thanks. He’s a great wrestler, but I don’t think the negativity that would follow would be worth it. From PA to VA, then back to PA? I’m assuming that would bring a lot of unwanted attention that is not needed.
That would cause nuclear drama is all ill say
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable
Roofee
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Roofee »

Did anyone actually watch any of the VA state championships????? Unfortunately I did, it was like watching a JV exhibition match, the "wrestling" was pitiful!!!!! And Kross won his VA State Championship on a forfeit........ That is all.
Head Roadie
Moderator Team
Moderator Team

Post by Head Roadie »

Just some info, IF he would come back to PA, it would not matter what school, he would be ineligible for the post season as a transfer who wrestled as a 10th grader. End of story. If it wasn't for athletic intent, he could wrestle in the regular season only.
Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Wrasslerfan »

Roofee wrote: February 21st, 2024, 9:35 pm Did anyone actually watch any of the VA state championships????? Unfortunately I did, it was like watching a JV exhibition match, the "wrestling" was pitiful!!!!! And Kross won his VA State Championship on a forfeit........ That is all.
I dare you to say that to those va wrestlers who worked their tails off to qualify and medal at the state championships in vs, out of line and classless
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable
Revampedpanthers
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Revampedpanthers »

Wrasslerfan wrote: February 21st, 2024, 8:33 pm
SportsFan96 wrote: February 21st, 2024, 8:13 pm
That would cause nuclear drama is all ill say
Yes it would likely cause more drama than Cr would like. Don't know if they could stop the Cassidy's from buying a house wherever they choose and kid has done nothing to keep him from wrestling. But I don't think Cr would encourage it. Cr has enough drama with the young claysburg kids moving in and everyone crying foul.
wrestler02
Freshman
Freshman

Post by wrestler02 »

just saw that Cross went 3-1 in a college open this weekend, picking up a major over a 3x PA Place winner that graduated last year. Not too bad for a high school sophomore. Guess he didn't want to just settle for that VA title that a couple of you are making fun of. I know it ain't happening, but love to have him wrestle for Deputy next season.
Roofee wrote: February 21st, 2024, 9:35 pm Did anyone actually watch any of the VA state championships????? Unfortunately I did, it was like watching a JV exhibition match, the "wrestling" was pitiful!!!!! And Kross won his VA State Championship on a forfeit........ That is all.
As a PIAA ref that is not a good look to put this on a forum.