SW AA

Shoot the half!!!
BisonLegend68
Sophomore
Sophomore

Re: SW AA

Post by BisonLegend68 »

107 Deputy wins regionals and will beat the Bachman boy. Santamaria has a shot at 5-6th this weekend

114 mull takes 5-6th.

121 no one from D5

127 Weyandt 4th place (gives ridge third SQ already)

133 Wharton 5-6th makes in out

139 no one from d5 makes it

145 Imler 5-6th (gives ridge 5)

As of now ridge has 5 SQ and the rest of the district 1.

152 no one makes it

160 Baker shot at 5-6th

172 no one makes it out

189 Snider has a chance, could sneak in.

215 Holmes makes the finals

Hwt Hagans has a close one in the Blood round. Coin flip

Ridge finishes top 5 in region with 5 SQ
Only weight is 107 we have a chance at two SQ
Somerset could get three out
Revampedpanthers
Freshman
Freshman

Post by Revampedpanthers »

107 deputy maybe tussey kid
114 mull
121 no one
127 weyant
133 maybe Wharton
139 none
145 imler
152 none
160 maybe massod or baker
172 none
189 maybe Snyder he has to win his first two and second match will be against a kid who beat him at Thomas otherwise he isn't making it
215 Holmes maybe divert
285 maybe Hagan's

I got 5 likely and 7 possible. Probably ends up around 8. 4 likely from Cr. Say what you want about ridge, they deserve most of it, but if it wasn't for them the district would have likely lost it's 3rd participant or maybe absorbed by another district. The district has been pretty bad the last 3 years with them.
BisonLegend68
Sophomore
Sophomore

Post by BisonLegend68 »

Well put, we all get jealous from time to time about ridge but without them D5 might be the worst in the state. We had some good years but recently it’s been the bottom of the barrel low. Bedford needs creps back, Twp needs Berezansky back, Berlin needs Cornell back, Jan Clark back at NBC. We need to go back to the glory days
SportsFan96
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by SportsFan96 »

BisonLegend68 wrote: February 28th, 2024, 12:59 pm Well put, we all get jealous from time to time about ridge but without them D5 might be the worst in the state. We had some good years but recently it’s been the bottom of the barrel low. Bedford needs creps back, Twp needs Berezansky back, Berlin needs Cornell back, Jan Clark back at NBC. We need to go back to the glory days
The future starts with the elementary programs. If you can get the kids out and make it fun for them, while they also work hard and compete, then the future programs will be brighter. If you get a good group of kids and their parents are also willing to buy in, then good things will happen. CR has an elementary program that seems to work well and I think the folks at Bedford have been doing a good job at getting more kids out for their program and they definitely have some studs at the elementary level. I’m not real familiar with the Everett or Tussey elementary programs, but hopefully other kids will see the success of some of these wrestlers and want to be a part of it. Like I said earlier, the elementary level is where it starts and if you can get the kids AND PARENTS having fun together, hanging out together, going to tournaments together and all supporting each other, it will help the future of the programs.
Revampedpanthers
Freshman
Freshman

SportsFan96 wrote: February 28th, 2024, 2:26 pm
BisonLegend68 wrote: February 28th, 2024, 12:59 pm Well put, we all get jealous from time to time about ridge but without them D5 might be the worst in the state. We had some good years but recently it’s been the bottom of the barrel low. Bedford needs creps back, Twp needs Berezansky back, Berlin needs Cornell back, Jan Clark back at NBC. We need to go back to the glory days
The future starts with the elementary programs. If you can get the kids out and make it fun for them, while they also work hard and compete, then the future programs will be brighter. If you get a good group of kids and their parents are also willing to buy in, then good things will happen. CR has an elementary program that seems to work well and I think the folks at Bedford have been doing a good job at getting more kids out for their program and they definitely have some studs at the elementary level. I’m not real familiar with the Everett or Tussey elementary programs, but hopefully other kids will see the success of some of these wrestlers and want to be a part of it. Like I said earlier, the elementary level is where it starts and if you can get the kids AND PARENTS having fun together, hanging out together, going to tournaments together and all supporting each other, it will help the future of the programs.
Agree varsity wins and losses are directly tied to elementary wrestling. Wrestling is unique in it takes a decent amount of time for even the best athletes to be good. You can throw a 180lb kid who runs a 4.5 forty into football and he will be good year one and really good in year 2. Same kid will struggle his first few years in wrestling.
Good thing is Bedford has pretty good numbers in jr high so maybe it doesn't take long for them to at least get to respectable level. They just need to not screw it up. NBC has good coaches they will continue to be solid. Hopefully some of the somerset county schools get better. I still can not believe how north star and Bedford can be so down those schools were very good when I wrestled in the 90's and were solid up until about 5 years ago, but have really fallen on hard times.
Revampedpanthers
Freshman
Freshman

I worry about the district. Cr will continue to be good and somerset has at least one more year but NBC is going to be significantly worse next year. Everett loses a good many kids, townships best guys were seniors. The district looks like a mess heading into next year and I don't know if there are going to be that many newcomers who can strengthen it. It won't take to many down years before people start calling to drop the third regional qualifier.
Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Wrasslerfan »

Revampedpanthers wrote: February 28th, 2024, 2:43 pm
I worry about the district. Cr will continue to be good and somerset has at least one more year but NBC is going to be significantly worse next year. Everett loses a good many kids, townships best guys were seniors. The district looks like a mess heading into next year and I don't know if there are going to be that many newcomers who can strengthen it. It won't take to many down years before people start calling to drop the third regional qualifier.
i think within a couple of years we will see people call for district 5 to drop the 3rd qualifier ill agree that the district is heading towards a disaster and not sure when they will get up from the muck
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable
wrestler02
Freshman
Freshman

Post by wrestler02 »

107: Deputy and possible State Champ!
114: Mull and should place at States
121: None
127: Weyant should place at States
133: None
139: None
145: None
152: None
160: I think Baker or Masood gets thru, no State Medalists here
172: None
189: Snider sneaks in, no State Medalists here
215: Dibert, no State Medalists here
285: Hagans loses in QF, only sneaks in if he wrestles well on back side, no State Medalists here

I disagree with D5 being down, but JO results kind of scare me a little. Some of the JH teams looked good on paper, but didn't really send alot to Johnstown this weekend. I think Elem might save D5 if kids continue to progress
Revampedpanthers
Freshman
Freshman

wrestler02 wrote: February 29th, 2024, 9:18 am 107: Deputy and possible State Champ!
285: Hagans loses in QF, only sneaks in if he wrestles well on back side, no State Medalists here

I disagree with D5 being down, but JO results kind of scare me a little. Some of the JH teams looked good on paper, but didn't really send alot to Johnstown this weekend. I think Elem might save D5 if kids continue to progress
Your missing Rowan Holmes at 215 and he will place at states as well. I also think imler,Cr 145, is likely to make it as well. I think snider and dibert have a chance and their best chance is likely winning their first two matches, if they get in the losers bracket before the semi's their chances go way down.
Wrasslerfan
Official BleacherCoach
Official BleacherCoach

Post by Wrasslerfan »

Revampedpanthers wrote: February 29th, 2024, 2:02 pm
wrestler02 wrote: February 29th, 2024, 9:18 am 107: Deputy and possible State Champ!

Your missing Rowan Holmes at 215 and he will place at states as well. I also think imler,Cr 145, is likely to make it as well. I think snider and dibert have a chance and their best chance is likely winning their first two matches, if they get in the losers bracket before the semi's their chances go way down.
Sniders Half of the Bracket of 189 : gets a toughie right away in 7-7 Slayton Williams South Side Beaver 33-8 wins that match and gets possibly 7-4 Jacob Layhue Beth Center 31-9 in the quarterfinals
Diberts Bracket: winnable first round match vs 7-4 Adam Mcanany Jefferson Morgan 24-12 tough second round match vs 6-2 Jordan Butler Bishop McCort 31-12
Wrestling... What Men do during boys basketball season

Dan Gable